The Rogan Group
Risk & Insurance Management Recruiting
The Rogan Group, Inc. a Risk Management and Insurance Recruiting firm is assisting a regional insurance brokerage client in identifying a Senior Claims Counsel candidate to join their team in Memphis, TN. This role will be responsible for working with clients, producers and their teams to support the due diligence and advocacy resources the agency can provide clients during the claims process. Responsible for providing high quality claims support to the agency by offering overall claims management, research and negotiation to ensure the best possible service for our clients.
The client is a “Best Places to Work” employer and has been named a “Top 100 P/C Agency” by Memphis Business journal.
- Founded –1954
- 10M in revenue
- Local agency with a worldwide reach
- Full Services – CL, PL, EB,
Title: Senior Claims Counsel
Location : Memphis
- Claims Advocacy
- Research, manage and negotiate a variety of challenging property and casualty claims.
- Interpret complex insurance policies for clients and internal staff, while maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the entire claims process.
- Be the primary liaison between the client and carrier, acting as an advocate for the client throughout the claims process.
- Manage investigations of claims including coverage issues, liability, compensability and damages.
- Analyze claims activity and provide reports to account management staff, as needed and requested.
- Acquisition, Retention and Education of client
- Prepare and present claims process educational overview to clients in collaboration with producers for client acquisition and retention.
- Conduct on-site visits, as needed, to inspect claim damages or to present claims resources and information to clients.
- Research and negotiate with carriers with regard to loss reserves to ensure proper levels of reserving
- Management of Claims Department Workflow
- Manage Claims Coordinators to ensure proper handling of claims reporting process, overseeing establishment of claims process and documentation by claims staff and preparation of standardized reports by claims staff to account management teams, as well as ensure that all claims are managed and followed up within a timely basis until closed.
- Work closely with the Loss Control Department regarding risk management and mitigation strategies for clients.
- Provide internal support on training and workflows for claims staff.
- Give input on performance review of Claims Department staff
- 8+ years related insurance industry experience
- Organized, detail oriented, persuasive and quality focused
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- BA Degree
- JD Degree
Reasons to consider:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Continued Education Programs and Funding
- Recognized as a top workplace
- Career Development is highly encouraged
- Great opportunity to get your foot in a local agency with a worldwide reach
The Rogan Group, Inc. – is an Executive Search firm that specializes in the Insurance Industry. With our headquarters in Maryland and remote recruiters around the country we are able to conduct projects on a Local, Regional & National basis. Projects come from all areas of the industry, but we do place an emphasis on the Insurance Distribution sector with Production and Management openings being our focus. This work covers both the P&C and L&H sides of the business.