The Rogan Group
Risk & Insurance Management Recruiting
Our client, a Top 50 National Broker, with multiple Mid-Atlantic offices, has a Market leader Opportunity in the DC area. This is a newly created position that will report directly to the Agency President and will have ownership of P&C/EB growth and retention in the region. This position will work with Executive Management, Sales Managers, Practice Leaders, and Client Service Leaders to plan and execute growth and retention objectives.
- 100+ year old, Top 100 National Broker
- PE backed/55M+ Revenue
- Member – International Insurance Agency Association (provides resources, markets and international capabilities)
- Multiple offices in the Mid-Atlantic area – MD, DC, VA, PA,
- Staff – 250+
- Niches include Healthcare, Education, Professional Services, Construction, Real Estate, Manufacturing, Non-Profit, and more
- Accounts average $10,000+ Revenue
- EPIC Agency Management System
- Brokerage firm is known for High Integrity, Collaborate Team Approach, Significant Niche Expertise, and Long Tenured Staff (many with insurance industry designations)
The Market Leader will be actively engaged with the following:
- Work with the President, the Corporate Finance/Administration, Division Leaders, the Sales Team Leaders & Practice Leaders to develop P&C/EB Market Growth & Retention Plan & Budget
- Sales Leadership: Recruit, Train (oversee pipeline development) & Mentor/Some Personal Production is component of all leaders at this brokerage
- Work with Practice Leads to develop niche sectors
- Oversee Client Service and Marketing Leads to insure service and deliverables
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Act as Point of Contact for Carriers, Vendors and Key Accounts as needed
- Stay fully informed on the performance of the Market/Office, the Divisions and the Firm as respects growth, productivity, service quality, staff well-being and profitability metrics/KPI’s.
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments, etc.
- Represent the firm and the local office in civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community, the state, and at the national level
- College degree or professional equivalent (Designations a PLUS)
- 5-15+ years of progressive responsible leadership roles in a commercial retail brokerage
- History of personal production and sales leadership abilities
- Possess effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to communicate both internally and externally.
- Experience with EPIC preferred
Reason to consider:
- Key Leadership Role in major metro area (Greater DC)
- Ability to build team
- Top 50 U.S. Retail Insurance Broker with PE backing
- Compensation will include: Competitive Salary, STB and LTI Programs (Equity Possible)
- Additional: Health Insurance Package, 401k, Profit Sharing, Group Life, STD and much more.
Confidential inquires may be sent to Ryan Rogan, Insurance Recruiter, The Rogan Group, Inc. at or 443-913-6397
The Rogan Group, Inc. – is an Executive Search firm that specializes in the Insurance Industry. With our headquarters in Maryland and remote recruiters around the country we are able to conduct projects on a Local, Regional & National basis. Projects come from all areas of the industry, but we do place an emphasis on the Insurance Distribution sector with Production and Management openings being our focus. This work covers both the P&C and L&H sides of the business.